Our Silicon Valley roots are deep. Venture capitalist Laurance S. Rockefeller (1910–2004) formed Rockefeller Brothers, Inc., one of the first formal venture-capital firms, in 1946. In 1969, this storied firm became known as Venrock. Our firm was originally built to guide the Rockefeller Family across every aspect of their personal, business and philanthropic life. In 1980, the Rockefeller Family Office was restructured to provide services to other families, like yours. Over time, the Family Office has developed substantial resources that we believe are unparalleled. We discuss only a few of these concepts below.
We advise wealthy families, senior executives, private equity general partners, company founders, foundations, and more. We can work with you to organize, deploy, and preserve your financial resources in a manner that aligns with your goals and objectives:
• We will identify risk/return profiles for you and your entities (as applicable). We will report results, evaluate the current environment, and make recommendations designed to optimize the potential returns for the risks taken.
• We will advise you and your family on the tax-efficient transition of your assets. This often involves working with your other advisors to create and manage tax-savvy financial structures.
• We will work directly with your children (as applicable) to introduce them to, and educate them about, financial matters. This is often a good platform for perpetuating important family values.
• We understand and can manage: concentrated stock positions, partners’ carried interests, income tax planning, executive compensation, employee benefits, pre and post-acquisition planning, as well as estate planning. In short, we can address, or bring in resources to address, almost any financial matter.
• We can free up your time so that you can pursue things that really matter to you.
Mountain View, CA 94040
“We are a global family office that has served the Rockefeller family since 1882, and the story of the first family in family wealth is our blueprint.”
Timothy D. O’Hara, President, Family Office
“When people ask me why I think the family has succeeded, I say that the family has chosen high-level advisors whom they totally trust, who are not just yes-men and -women but people who give their honest opinions.”
David Rockefeller, Jr.
Our commitment to bringing expertise from multiple viewpoints is brought to the forefront when collaborating with the following individuals. The Rockefeller difference is the expertise we can bring to all aspects of your life.
Customized Investment Strategy Design
We diagnose and evaluate your financial situation and design a tailored investment strategy for you, combining long-term goals and near-term opportunities.
Portfolio Management & Optimization
We manage your complete financial ecosystem including tax & estate planning, insurance, retirement entities, and your investments.
Investment, Tax & Legal Advisor Coordination
We work with your Tax Advisor to manage your investments in a tax-efficient manner and coordinate with your Attorneys to help plan your estate, structure business transactions, and manage charitable donations.
We align your portfolio with your tolerance for risk and monitor your allocation for unexpected behavior in multiple market conditions.
Cash Management, Optimization, & Access
We handle all cash activity and cash equivalents including loans, banking products, and mortgages.
Ongoing Monitoring & Performance Analytics
We provide you with a high level of transparency through advanced analytics and regular meetings with our team.
The Rockefeller difference is our combination of holistic and specialized services, designed to complement customized wealth planning and advisory.
- Financial Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Trust & Estate Planning
- Tax Efficient Planning & Preparation
- Family Legacy & Governance Advisory
- Bill payment
- Philanthropy advisory
- Human Resources Services
- Cash flow and liquidity planning
- Next Gen Financial Education
- Aggregated Reporting
Rockefeller Capital Management provides strategic advice to ultra-high-net worth families, family offices, individuals and corporations. Families that own businesses or are interested in purchasing a business can come to Rockefeller Capital Management for thoughtful, tailored advice on whether to sell a business, sell a portion of a business, purchase a business or grow an existing business.
Rockefeller Capital Management also works with corporations seeking customized, innovative solutions and independent advice on strategic transactions. Our focus is to deliver exceptional results for our clients through flawless execution and to help clients achieve their strategic goals.
Rockefeller Capital Management provides securities activities and services through Rockefeller Financial LLC, its registered broker-dealer, member FINRA, SIPC.
• Differentiated, independent advice for entrepreneurs and business owners
• Execution across private and public companies owned or operated by our clients
• Mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, capital raises
• Real estate advisory
• Sports franchise advisory
In much the same way as we have been fortunate to accompany our clients in their lifecycle journey, businesses, like people, go through their own lifecycle and, no different than any of us, are valuable in each of those various phases but for different reasons.
One common link we have all been bound by is the idea that the identification and ownership of great growth businesses is the best way to achieve investment success over long periods of time. Part of this success comes from knowing where in the business lifecycle a great company resides and understanding the risk/reward trade-offs based on these characteristics.
Our deep understanding of these characteristics inspires us to establish 3 discretionary equity investment strategies which correlate with the 3 main phases in the lifecycle of a business. We believe these equity strategies combined with our customized fixed income strategies are the ideal toolbox to provide quality asset allocation to any and all investors.
• Exclusive PWM Platform access to Alternative Investments such as Hedge Funds, Real Estate, private Equity and Direct Co-Investments.
Through a series of curated and vetted partners, we bring our clients and their families solution for lifestyle needs from everyday to the extraordinary.
• Philanthropy experts provide a functional foundation to help you build and manage your charitable program.
• A unique private aviation platform designed exclusively for Rockefeller Capital Management Clients.
• Proactive health and wellness support, travel/emergency contingency 24/7 and complete management of any health concern.
• A total security solution tailored to each client and location, assessing their needs and goals.
Emergency Travel Services
• The world’s leading organization providing medical, security, evacuation, travel risk and crisis management services.
Individualized Charitable Planning Strategies
Legacy Giving Strategies
Efficient Strategies for Current Giving
Lifestyle Concierge Services
Request an introduction
Please complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. You will be contacted shortly. We will not distribute any of your personal information that is submitted on our site. This includes your email address, postal address, phone number, and any other personal data.